At Cockfield Jackson, we not only strive to produce award winning, functional and budget conscious designs, but also energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings.
Our work considers many energy and environmentally related design elements and considerations, such as:
- Improving the quality and reducing the quantity of storm-water runoff.
- reducing the heat island effect of the roof surfaces and paved areas.
- controlling light pollution from site and building lighting sources.
- use of water efficient landscaping thru the installation of indigenous plant species.
- reduction of potable water usage, both in the building and landscape irrigation systems.
- selection of HVAC system refrigerants that reduce ozone depletion and global warming.
- optimize the energy performance and reducing the energy usage of the building thru the strategic use of wall and roof insulation, selection of glazing systems and sunscreens, and appropriate building solar orientation.
- purchasing green power from the local utility company.
- collection and disposal of recyclable consumer products.
- diverting construction waste from landfills.
- selection of building products that contain recycled material.
- selection of building products that can be obtained regionally.
- indoor air quality management during construction, and before occupancy.
- use of low VOC-emitting materials, such as adhesives, sealants, paints, coatings and carpeting.
- controlling indoor chemical and pollutant sources.
- individual control of lighting and thermal comfort.
- providing day-lighting and views for all occupants of the building
These features provide our Clients with value, and are incorporated in every project whenever possible. The costs of implementation, both first cost and life cycle cost, are evaluated with respect to the available budget.
Stephen P. Jackson and Benjamin R. Bradford have both earned their LEED AP designation, which signifies their expertise and continuing education in energy efficient and environmentally friendly building design. Please contact us if you have questions about how we may be able to assist you in building value and future cost savings into your architectural building solutions.